[fprint] Egistec ES603 Driver

Patrick Marlier patrick.marlier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 13:10:19 PDT 2012

Hi Sachin,

Sorry I have just noticed that I forgot to reply to you. :(

On 08/21/2012 05:25 AM, Sachin Khadilkar wrote:
> Yes fprint_demo works is a great point and I am glad and thankful to you
> for that.
> I will check the fprintd -enroll piece.
So did you finally succeeded to use the PAM authentication?

> Acceptance rate is very good, I would peg it at around 97% or better,
> which is indeed great.
Woa this is awesome!

> What kind of laptop do you have? Mine is a Lenovo IdeaPad V5 which comes
> with a built-in EGIS Tec fingerprint reader.
I have a Lenovo B570 also with built-in reader.

> Does the fingerprint auth work for you in linux?
Yes it does. I uploaded a new package few days ago you should try it
because I fixed few things for PAM.

Keep me posted if it works now.
Anyway, thanks for testing!

Bastien: I have two testers (if I consider Sachin) where the device
works properly. I need to clean up few comments in the source file. Also
I have some unused functions but these can be useful to improve the
driver later.
Do you think this is enough for this driver to be added to the libfprint
mainstream?

Thanks.
--
Patrick