[fprint] AES1660

Andreas krawatten at andreas-loos.com
Thu Nov 8 07:53:26 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have spent some days figuring out how AES1660 works. The short answer
is: I don't know it yet.

The longer answer is: I completely rewrote the tool of Petr Dlouhy since
I could not reproduce his results with his tool. This is probably
because I have a device 08ff:168f and he has one 08ff:1680. My quick and
rather dirty tool runs with usblib 1.0.

I sniffed also some more logs trying to understand what is happening
there; for that I enhanced the logs in a colorful way.

The most important problem seems to me now to figure out how to switch
the device from encrypted to raw mode or to decipher the encryption.
(The first will hopefully be easier than the latter.)

For that, I need some help from a more experienced driver developer. Who
likes to join? Any input or ideas are most welcome!

Best,
andreas