[fprint] AES1660

Andreas krawatten at andreas-loos.com
Wed Nov 14 02:05:09 PST 2012

Dear friends of AES1660,

here you find my analysis of what is happening in the usb traffic
between win driver and AES1660:

http://www.andreas-loos.com/AES1660.zip

The zip contains virtually anything I know so far. Vasily asked for usb
logs with complete traffic that can be compared. For this, take for
instance log 2 (my favorite reference), log 5 and log 8.

The good news is that many commands seem to be not encrypted like in
AES2550 (or was it AES2850?). To be CORRECT in detail: There *are* in
fact lots of encrypted commands, as Vasily remarks, but for them
encryption is obviously the same in each run. So I think, these parts
can be easily reproduced as black box.

The bad news is that we still cannot switch the thing into raw mode or
know anything about the encryption. (Thanks for your helpful comments,
Vasily! You are probably right, keys are probably not transferred
unencrypted and the 583 byte thing is surely not a single long key.)

Any ideas how to proceed?

Best,
andreas