[fprint] AES1660

Andreas krawatten at andreas-loos.com
Fri Nov 16 00:13:59 PST 2012

Hi Vasily,

in "what_we_know_so_far.txt", I explicitely marked all bulks that are
changing among different runs. As I said: The bulks you considered:

 >> Look at log you've send to me,
 >> seq no 277, it's definitely non-encrypted data from sensor!
 >> 0x49, 0x44, 0x02 - envelope?
 >> 0x0d, 0x00, 0x00 - some multibyte command, no payload
 >> 0xe0, 0x22, 0x02 - E-data from sensor, 4 bit per pixel. Exact data
 >> starts from 0x22 byte, and looks like it's some 31-byte pattern:
 >>
 >> 2501 4892 a46d 93ec ff37 816c db7e 5b5a 1280 2449 da36 c9fe 7f13
c8b6 edb7 a5
 >> Then after 0x222 bytes:
 >> 0xde, 0x10, 0x00 - histogram data
 >> After 0x10 bytes:
 >> 0xdf, 0x06, 0x00 - authentication message

...are not among them. So...

 > Played a bit with my AES1660, and looks like this frame is not
 > chaning... It does not matter
 > if finger is on sensor...

...yes. They are always the same.

I updated the zip:
- eliminated the mistake in sniff description (upload->download of "bulk
583").
- added Petrs documentation (included zip file)

www.andreas-loos.com/aes1660.zip

One remark concerning Petrs tool: I could not really make it run on my
machine. It contains also parts I do not agree with, for instance a
"switch to raw" sequence which is in fact an exact copy of a part of
what I sniffed in the win driver traffic. Hence there are two
possibilities: The driver works in raw mode under windows (which is
possible according to the last observations) or Petrs "switch to raw"
does not what its name implies.

I did not have the time to produce new usb sniffs, for instance with
covered scanner, but I will do in the next days.

Best,
andreas

--
  Andreas Loos