[fprint] 1307:1171 Transcend Fingerprint Reader

Benjamin Lim mail at limbenjamin.com
Thu Nov 29 01:24:46 PST 2012

Hi,

I dont mind working on the driver as long as i have someone to guide me
through the process.

I have looked through the git repo for libfprint. However, I am not very
clear as to which parts have to be written to support a new device.

 From what I understand, i need to sniff the usb packets to determine
what data is sent during startup,idle and while reading the prints. Then
i need to write C source with functions to detect the state of the
reader and read in the data and transmit it over the internal API for
processing?

The enrollment, storage and verification process are all being performed
by a standard library?

Thanks
Ben