[fprint] AuthenTec AES2810 (08ff:2810)

Jean Biau jean.biau at free.fr
Mon Oct 15 10:35:32 PDT 2012

hello,

i have a laptop Dell studio 1735, Ubuntu 12.04 and a Authentec AES2810.
Last week-end, i install Fprint.

I send you the commands i tried :

jean at Puechpeyre:~$ fprintd-enroll
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Enrolling right index finger.
Enroll result: enroll-completed

jean at Puechpeyre:~$ fprintd-list jean
found 1 devices
Device at /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Fingerprints for user jean on AuthenTec AES2550/AES2810 (swipe):
  - #0: right-index-finger

jean at Puechpeyre:~$ fprintd-verify jean
Using device /net/reactivated/Fprint/Device/0
Listing enrolled fingers:
  - #0: right-index-finger
Verify result: verify-no-match (done)

when i log on the PC, i was asked to swippe but Fprintd always said that
it did not recognise my finger.

I can do other tests if you need them.

regards

Jean