[fprint] Egistec ES603 Driver

Patrick Marlier patrick.marlier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:00:05 PDT 2012

Sachin,

On 09/05/2012 09:17 AM, Sachin Khadilkar wrote:
> Patrick,
> I get > 75-80  minutiae. Mostly greater than 80 and it usually matches
> in the verify phase in fprint_demo.
So in fprint_demo, the verify and identify works perfectly fine, right?

> The actual fingerprint-identifier is a hit-and-miss though.
You mean using PAM?

> Mostly a
> miss, so now 7 times out of 10 i end up entering my password. How do you
> plan to improve the scan? Let me know if i can help in any way? Also can
This is interesting that fprint_demo works fine but not PAM. I have no
clue here since it uses the same code. Maybe your fingerprint recorded
(fprintd-enroll) is not a good scan and you should try to update it.
To libfprint developers: any ideas?

> the package be updated to the latest version, so that the update-manager
> does not replace it with the stock one.
I will do it when I will commit some new changes to the driver.

> Any news on getting this driver into the mainstream?
I am still cleaning the code a bit before to ask for integration.

I don't have time to work on it currently but I will do as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot!
--
Patrick