[fprint] Egistec ES603 Driver

Patrick Marlier patrick.marlier at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:55:52 PDT 2012

On 09/05/2012 04:38 PM, Eriberto wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> On Debian Wheezy, the EgisTec ES603 is recognized but the fprint_demo
> shows "could not open device". I don't found a reason for this. What
> you need to analyse?
Do you have a udev rules for the device?
On my ubuntu I added the file "/etc/udev/rules.d/90-egis.rules" with the
following content (on one line):
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ACTION=="add", ATTR{idVendor}=="1c7a",
ATTR{idProduct}=="0603", MODE="0666"

Otherwise you can change file permissions manually (but has to be done
at each reboot):
$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 1c7a:0603 LighTuning Technology Inc.
$ sudo chmod a+rw /dev/bus/usb/002/004

--
Patrick