[fprint] DigitalPersona UareU 4500 working

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Sep 25 06:13:24 PDT 2012

Hey Timo,

Em Tue, 2012-09-25 às 16:02 +0300, Timo Teras escreveu:
> Hello list,
>
> I have reverse engineered the uru4500 encryption scheme from the binary
> only drivers. And I have a modified libfprint here that gives sensible
> data from this device - fprint_demo seems to work with it just nice.
>
> If I'm to clean up the patch (and someone can test it with the older
> devices) would it be acceptable as such for merging?
>
> Or should I document the encoding scheme, and someone else write the
> fprint driver modifications?

Great news!

I'm fine with accepting reverse-engineered drivers without Chinese wall,
as the clear goal is hardware interoperability. Documenting it in the
source would be best, if the size isn't humongous, otherwise in a
separate README file.

Once you've cleaned up the patch, attach it to Bugzilla, and we can
review from there.

Cheers