[fprint] Fwd: Raspberry Pi - Raspbian - to slow for fprint_demo ?

Mariusz Ciszewski mariusz.ciszewski at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:32:39 PDT 2014

Different version of fprintd in some Linux distributions (who is
sesponsible for it and who can / is able to change it in oficial
repositories?)

1. In Debian repository is currently: 0.4.1-5
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=stable&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=fprintd

Confirmed on Raspbian on raspberry Pi:

root at raspberrypi:/home/pi# dpkg -l fprintd
Wybór:U=nieznany/I=instalacja/R=usunięcie/P=wyczyszczenie/H=zatrzymanie
| Stan:N=brak/I=zainstalowany/C=skonfigurowany/U=rozpakowany/
|/  F=częśc. skonfigurowany/H=częśc. zainstalowany/W=wyzw. czek./T=wyzw.
zapl.
|| Błędy?=(brak)/R-do pon. inst. (duże litery w "Stan" i "Błędy"=problemy)
||/ Nazwa                             Wersja                Architektura
       Opis
+++-=================================-=====================-=====================-=======================================================================
ii  fprintd                           0.4.1-5-g73edad0-3    armhf
      D-Bus daemon for fingerprint reader access
root at raspberrypi:/home/pi#

2. In Xubuntu repository is currently: 0.5.0-1

Confirmed on Xubuntu:

root at home:/home/mariusz# dpkg -l fprintd
Wybór:U=nieznany/I=instalacja/R=usunięcie/P=wyczyszczenie/H=zatrzymanie
| Stan:N=brak/I=zainstalowany/C=skonfigurowany/U=rozpakowany/
|/  F=częśc. skonfigurowany/H=częśc. zainstalowany/W=wyzw. czek./T=wyzw.
zapl.
|| Błędy?=(brak)/R-do pon. inst. (duże litery w "Stan" i "Błędy"=problemy)
||/ Nazwa          Wersja       Architektura Opis
ii  fprintd        0.5.0-1      i386         D-Bus daemon for fingerprint
read
root at home:/home/mariusz#

Hello Vasily