[fprint] USB ID 04f3:0903 "Elan Microelectronics Corp." First step

Sébastien Béchet sebastien.bechet at osinix.com
Wed Mar 22 16:28:39 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have done a first step for "ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor"
implementation.

How i have done that:

1. Windows 10 in VirtualBox with USB hardware mapped
2. usbmod then "tshark -D" and "tshark -i usbmon0 -w rip.pcap".

I now have four files :

1. When I boot Windows 10 : elan-ms-windows-01-open.pcapng
2. When I record one finger :
elan-ms-windows-02-record-finger-notperfectfilter.pcapng
3. When I test one finger : elan-ms-windows-03-test-finger.pcapng
4. When I shutdown Windows 10 : elan-ms-windows-04-close.pcapng

Now, if i test one finger (or record), I receive two blocs of bytes
paquets :
first one : 5184 bytes
second one : 13376 bytes

I looked these bytes, but can't see real bitmap inside.

Can anyone help me to undersand how to find width and height? Maybe
these bytes can be crypted?

Not sure I can send files on the ML but you can ask me.

PS :

I found two files that can help :
774896 EngineAdapter.dll
192744 WbfUsbDriver.dll

and

Winhec_Windows10FingerprintIntroductionandImplementation.pdf (search
engine...)

Thank you.