[fprint] fprintd compilation error, No package 'polkit' found

Gnappino Gnappino gnappinox1 at outlook.com
Sat Nov 25 10:48:53 UTC 2017

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to the linux world, or rather, I've been
using it for so many years to develop, but I'm just trying to contribute
to linux development now.

I would like to do fprintd tests to improve the integration of the login
screen with PAM module.

I downloaded the sources, I try to compile fprintd but I get this error:

configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 dbus-glib-1 gmodule-2.0
polkit> = 0.8 polkit-dbus) were not met:

No package 'polkit' found
No package 'polkit-dbus' found

I can not figure out the situation, I installed all the polkit packages
I found with apt search, but I continue to receive this error.

I do not know how to proceed, a help would be appreciated.