[fprint] fprintd single sign on limitation

Igor Filatov ia.filatov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 12:46:30 UTC 2018

I think Dave means that the scanner would capture the print when the device
is powered on. Not as instructed by a userspace driver, but as a "hardware
feature" of the button/sensor itself. It would store a single image until
asked by libfrint to perform a scan, at which point it would just submit
the image it has. libfprint doesn't need to know. It only needs to match
the print not aginst the library of a chosen user, but of all users and
return a pair of (ok, user_id).