[fprint] elan patch + poc 0x903 and 0x0C03

TeEmZe timo at teemze.de
Sat Feb 10 23:06:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

Well, that’s the problem. Currently the orientations of blocks of 16x8 (those dimensions can be changed quite easily) pixels are compared.
That means that the orientation of the top left block of the enrolled fingerprint is compared to the direction of the top left block of the verify fingerprint.

So it does work if you scan a slightly different area, but the bigger the difference, the lower the matching percentage.
However, I think this can be solved by having like 10 images from the enrol process with different regions of the fingerprint.
This would of course have to be tested and if 10 different regions of the finger aren’t enough, we’d probably have to find a different solution (for example you once suggested using the minutiae to extract common regions).
But I already tried it with one fingerprint, which matched well, so I think another solution isn’t required.

Scanning multiple times and different regions of the fingerprint actually is quite common among other readers (like the ones of the mobile phones).

I’ll try to manage to test it myself soon, so that we’ll see how well it actually works.

Kind regards

Timo