[fprint] Libfprint for Xiaomi

TeEmZe timo at teemze.de
Mon Jan 8 16:19:58 UTC 2018

Hello developers,

I have a question regarding the libfprint library. I have a Xiaomi notebook with a fingerprint reader from Elan Microelectronics Corp (device 04f3:0c1a) running on Ubuntu. I already tried multiple packages for using it’s fingerprint device, but non detected it.

Is it possible to use the libfprint library for this device? And if so, how do I use it?

I’d be very thankful for a hint into the right direction, as I’m struggling with this problem for quite some while now.

I’d also be ready to compile and test the driver on the laptop or help you otherwise as much as I can.

Best regards

Timo