[fprint] elan patch + poc 0x903 and 0x0C03

TeEmZe timo at teemze.de
Sat Jan 27 15:38:48 UTC 2018

Hi,

Just for the case that the output of elanfp.c is still relevant:

                Device with vid 4f3 pid c1a found.

Config number is 1

CMD RESET sent

CMD Fuse Load sent

CMD VERSION sent

FP Bridge FW Version 1.66

CMD Get Image Size sent

Width x Height = 64x144

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 7562 (0x1d8a)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 7562 (0x1d8a)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 7562 (0x1d8a)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 7562 (0x1d8a)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 7562 (0x1d8a)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 16383 (0x3fff)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 16383 (0x3fff)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 16383 (0x3fff)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 16383 (0x3fff)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 16383 (0x3fff)

CMD CALIBRATION sent

Calibration Status: 0x1

CMD STATUS sent

CMD Get Calibration Mean sent

calibration mean value: 2 (0x2)

CMD Wait For Finger sent

Received 0xa0

CMD Get Image sent

Received 18432

It’s true that I said that 4031 was called before 403F, which actually was the case - here are my notes regarding this:

-> 4031                                                  ?

-> 403F                                                  Get Pre-Scan

<- 55                      1.3.3                      Object

-> 4031                                                  ?

-> 0009                                                  Get Image Data

<- ?                         1.3.2                      Image Data

-> 0009                                                  Get Image Data

<- ?                         1.3.2                      Image Data

-> 0009

-> 4031

-> 403F

<- 55                      1.3.3

-> 4031

-> 0009

<- ?                         1.3.2

-> 4031

-> 403F

<- 55                      1.3.3

-> 4031

-> 0009

<- ?

-> 000b

-> 0009

<- ?

-> 4031

-> 0009

<- ?

-> 000b                                                 Stop

You say that it works – so haw exactly can I use it then? I guess it won’t do to simply install fprint from the package library, as it won’t have the newest driver for my device?

Regards

Timo