[fprint] RV: drivers

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Jun 12 07:57:42 UTC 2018

Hey,

On Mon, 2018-06-11 at 20:55 +0000, henry paul espinosa peralta wrote:

> Hello, dear
> I want to use this fingerprint capture device crosmatch verifier 310
> lc on unix system: ubunto 16.04 and raspbian strech
>
> ID 080b:0034 Cross Match Technologies
>
> ID del proveedor de USB
> 080b
>
> ID de producto USB
> 0034
>  can you please with the driver please

The list of supported hardware is here:
https://fprint.freedesktop.org/supported-devices.html

And this is where you'd need to file a request for the driver:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libfprint/libfprint/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&label_name[]=Driver%20Request

Note that somebody would still need the hardware, as well as the
knowledge and the willingness to reverse engineer the existing drivers
for this piece of hardware before anything happened.

You might want to contact your hardware provider about libfprint
support, and providing test hardware as well as specifications.

Cheers