[fprint] I wonder whether disclosure of a fingerprint is a vulnerability or not.

Seong-Joong Kim sungjungk at gmail.com
Thu May 9 09:09:40 UTC 2019

I am really sorry to bother you.
I didn't mean it.

As you know, I've reported this issue to upstream on Mar 6, but you did not
reply to my report about a month.

Since there was no reply, I decided to report it to Red Hat Product
Security and Linux distributions.
Red Hat Product Security confirmed it and opened this issue on bugzilla for
RHEL and Fedora.
After then, you replied to me on this issue.
As you know, you haven't replied to my recent question that is posted on a
month ago.

Meanwhile, the Red Hat Product Security suggested to me that about
reporting this issue on oss-security mailing list.
Then, I did it.
Here, several people said that disclosure of a fingerprint is not a
vulnerability on oss-seucurity mailing list.

Indeed, it was quite confusing.

So I just want to know about freedesktop's official? stance.

If it is vulnerability, I would like to request a CVE ID about information
leakage after your confirmation.

Lastly, I just want to clear the air.

Thank you,

2019년 5월 9일 (목) 오후 4:55, Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>님이 작성: