[fprint] Working with small sensors

Igor Filatov ia.filatov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 09:31:40 UTC 2020

> Is this a small sensor problem and is there really too little minutiae?

See https://cedar.buffalo.edu/~srihari/papers/RRP-full.pdf page 7 fig 3 e,f
where it says 20 and 15 minutiae. A 114x57 scan is roughly 1/3 of that
area. In my experience there's usually <5 minutiae on a 144x64 image.
That's way too little. For reliable matching I'd say you want at least 25.

> What are other options to make my device work, maybe by using multiple
images?

At least one driver is doing just that and it's... not the best UX ever
(even when it works) https://github.com/iafilatov/libfprint#common-problems