[fprint] Supported devices - small USB fingerprint reader

Francesco Peloi francesco.peloi at gmail.com
Sat May 9 14:40:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

I want to buy a small USB fingerprint reader and so have fingerprint login
ability on my ubuntu dell laptop, which does not have it natively. I found
this project which looks promising, there's a supported devices page on
your website which is also great, thanks for this.

What I found difficult is to find a device which I can buy which is also
supported, as the supported device page lists only lsusb details, and I
found that websites where you can buy these devices do not display this
information. So I am struggling to find a small USB fingerprint reader
device which I am sure it will be compatible my ubuntu dell laptop and your
driver.

I tried to "reverse engineer" some of the codes in the supported devices
pages, but I found only big and old fingerprint readers. I was looking more
at something like this:
https://www.kensington.com/p/products/data-protection/biometric/verimark-it-fingerprint-key-fido2webauth-windows-hello-windows-hello-for-business/

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you,