[fdo] Request to host project "OpenSync" a synchronization framework

Armin Bauer armin.bauer at desscon.com
Sun Jun 20 01:28:35 PDT 2004

Hi

i am Armin Bauer, one of the developers of Multisync, an application to
sync various pdas, cellulars and other programs (see www.multisync.org
for further information)

We recently ran into design limitations with our current version, which
was where we decided to develop a new major version of Multisync. I
started working on the new design but quickly noticed to there are a lot
of other projects in this field too. There are: coldsync, gpilot,
kpilot, agsync, j-pilot, malsync, multsync, kitchensync, pilot-manager,
pilot-mailsync and even more.

There is a lot of redundant code and a lot of work is wasted by
rewriting what already exists in another project.

Thats where i had the idea of creating a standardized sync framework
which could be used by all projects. This way a sync conduit would have
to be written only once and would immediately be available to all
projects.

So i would like to ask you if you would be so kind to host this project
and a mailinglist so we can dicuss this idea and the required technology
with the developers of the other projects.

Best Regards, Armin Bauer