[fdo] libtransset

Simon Ulsnes vinterbleg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:56:46 PDT 2005

Hi!
I'm fledging transset into a tiny library to allow applications to
make themselves (or parts of them) transparent. This will probably be
obsolete by GDK 2.8, but I sort of need it now for a Tomboy plugin I'm
doing.

So here's the thing: It's doesn't work! *gasp*
I almost copy-pasted the code from transset CVS, I get no errors, the
window ID's are correct, the property is being set - the window just
doesn't go transparent!

It works perfectly with transset. My composite manager is alive and well.

One things I noticed, though: transset doesn't recognize the property
set by my library and the other way around, although both use
_NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY.

Attached is my library and a small test app, that's supposed to go
transparent when clicked.
Compile like this:

gcc -o at-x11 `pkg-config --cflags --libs x11` at-x11.c opacity.c

Hope somebody has an idea what's going on.

Yours, Simon