[fdo] git problems

Parag Joshi pmj005 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:24:59 PST 2007

I have been having a great deal of difficulty getting code from the git
repositories. If I try git:// type URLs that fails because I am behind
firewall. I have installed curl and also configured ~/.curlrc with proxy
information and I also have http_proxy environment variables. So, both my
wget and curl work fine for the URL I use when trying git clone. But, when I
try the same URL with git clone <url>, it fails with this error: Cannot get
remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

Probably my proxy server has problem with git:// type URL and so I have
tried replacing those URLs with http:// type URL. But, even that gets the
error I mentioned above.

*Is it possible for the maintainers of the git repository to run
git-update-server-info so that people like me can access with the http URL
instead of git URL?
*
Thanks