[fdo] [Fontconfig] Time to kill the fontconfig wiki?

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Wed Dec 1 07:49:47 PST 2010

]] Alan Coopersmith

| If it was actually being used, like some of the other wiki's on freedesktop,
| I would suggest better policing - we greatly reduced spam in some of the
| other wikis by simply nuking it quickly so that the spammers moved on to
| targets like fontconfig where their spam lasted longer, and by keeping the
| spam words blacklist updated to block the domains they were trying to link to.

If there's interesting content on the wiki, another alternative is to
just move it into the main fdo wiki, which is kept more spam-free by
people like alanc (thanks!).  In fact, unless people have large wikis,
I'd like us to move towards that model.  Most projects don't really need
more than two or three pages, and having a full wiki installation means
more admin overhead and more work to get rid of spam.

Of course, if somebody volunteers to (and follows through on) keeping a
wiki spam-free, that's fine with as well.

--
Tollef Fog Heen