[fdo] [Fontconfig] Time to kill the fontconfig wiki?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Dec 14 23:36:07 PST 2010

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:45:50 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
>
>> The fdo wiki is so attractive to spammers that I gave up on fighting for
>> fribidi.  Yes, please kill it.  I suggest we forward the domain to
>> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Fontconfig instead.  That's what I'm
>> doing with harfbuzz.org.
>
> Sounds lovely.

http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/fontconfig was still around from before the
separate wiki was created - it only needed minor updates like copying over the
line about the current release status and the link to the webfonts which I've
done now.

I didn't see anything else worth keeping in the handful of other pages that
aren't either spam or moinmoin boilerplate, so I think its ready for
the separate fontconfig wiki to be deleted and the main page redirected to
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/fontconfig instead.

People who still want to contribute to a wiki can easily do so by adding new
pages in the Software/fontconfig/* namespace there and we have one less place
to police for spam.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com