[fdo] Is it good place to announce about new projects?

Zlobin Nikita cook60020tmp at mail.ru
Fri Sep 6 12:01:41 PDT 2013

This question appeared after i noticed, that huge amount of projects, most of
which was not known to me before, have own lists.

Before that i registered in xdg list thinking, that it is good to announce new
projects (i even sent ther posts about two tools — window-docker and
fdopenres). They are too small imho, to dedicate lists for them, and as for
first — i don't know, what is better project to join it to (i created fdopenres
instead of xdg-open for own purposes).

Now i'm begining much wider project — desktop environment. First time some
ideas or features would be implemented in existing projects as extensions
(e.g., actions for file managers, allowing actions, specific for two-paned fm
like mc, but between any two windows, e.g. current and previous focused).

I already created entry on the launchpad, though probably, i could move to
other hosting, like savannah.  Both allow to have per-project mailing lists,
but first time, probably, it must be announced in some public place. For linux
audio there are lists just for such common discussions, not focused on single
project, having own list — LAU, LAD, LAA, and probably some other —
linuxmusicians. But there i found only freedesktop list. Is it good for such
purpose?

My project doesn't have nothing implemented yet, there are only proposals for
some features (imho, killer features). On launchpad it is just a several
blueprints, containing descriptions (not sure, is it good usage of blueprints,
but i looked for example some blueprints from inkscape and unity projects).