[fdo] Lots of wiki content rewritten

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Feb 21 05:35:48 UTC 2019

On 02/18/19 01:32 PM, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
> To try to bring our wiki 'up to date' (as in, no longer talking about
> CVS), I've gone through and rewritten a lot of the wiki content for
> our main landing pages: our front page, the software and
> specifications pages, the infrastructure pages, and even (to an
> extent) the mission statement.
>
> A lot of this is trying to describe how we've interpreted these things
> over the past ten years anyway: the criteria we've used when judging
> new project applications, for example.
>
> It'd be great to get some feedback on these if you have anything to contribute.

Looks good.  A couple small suggestions:

- Shouldn't the sponsors section on the front page say something about SPI?

- On the software page, why are libinput & libevdev under "other hardware"
   instead of "Input, internationalisation (i18n), and font rendering"?

- Should the mission statement include something about welcoming new
   contributors (whether developers, designers, doc writers, testers,
   or translators) and helping them learn & grow?   We've seen far too
   much on fd.o stagnate as people move on and there's no one there to
   replace them.  (Maybe include a link to the GettingInvolved page here.)

	-alan-