[fdo] Geoclue Freedesktop API/desktop_id Question

Luke Bryan Luke32J at msn.com
Sun Jan 12 23:22:32 UTC 2020

Greetings,

I had what may be a "basic" question on the documentation on the Geoclue api. I had got it to work, but I am not sure what the first parameter, "desktop id" is - as discussed here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59677218
The documentation file only says "desktop_id     -   The desktop file id (the basename of the desktop file)."
Is this supposed to be "myapplication.desktop", or a full path? I know that would associate it to some specific app.
And what does that do, enable tracking which applications are using geolocation/gps??

Best regards,
Luke