[fdo] dbus and libfprint-fprintd issue

Giorgio Leonarduzzi oppio34 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 17:51:46 UTC 2020

Hi all,
some days ago I found troubles to use the fingerprint reader of my Hp envy.
I use manjaro 19.0.2 with gnome, and after some tests I found that the
newer
- fprintd 1.90.1-1
and
- libfprint 1.90.1-1
version makes troubles in the part of menu in which I can turn off
fingerprinting recognition, causing the error:
impossible to access the "Validity VFS0050" device
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message recipient
disconnected from message bus without replying.

I solve it downgrading the two component at:
- fprintd 0.9.0-1
and
- libfprint 1.0-1

Waiting your reply, best regards!