[fdo] Anonymous git access disabled since Today

Antenore antenore at simbiosi.org
Mon Jan 10 17:28:26 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I'm using a snippet like this:

                {
                    "name": "usbredir",
                    "buildsystem": "meson",
                    "config-opts": [
                        "-Dtools=disabled"
                    ],
                    "sources": [
                        {
                            "type": "git",
                            "url": "https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/usbredir.git",
                            "commit": "456d2715973fa28fc4daf70378c125825645e193"
                        }
                    ]
                }
            ]
        },

To build a flatpak that uses some SPICE related components, but since today I cannot access the Git repository anonymously anymore.

Since I wasn't subscribed to this ML, I don't know if there were any announcements about this change, and if it's been done on purpose.

I prefer to use git over tarbals as I can work on branches and tags, and as I'm using CI pipelines, I prefer not usings secrets...

What's the advised way to do now, and why this change?

Thanks in advance!

Antenore.