[Freedreno] hdmi audio on ifc6410

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 15:07:16 PST 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 1) Shows up as 'Analog Output' in gnome sound control panel.. I'm not
>>> much of an audio expert but I think this is a symptom of pulseaudio
>>> not properly recognizing things.  Maybe we need some pulseaudio config
>>> files so that it properly understands the audio routing options?
>>
>> fwiw, it seems like what we need is UCM config:
>>
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Use_Case_Manager
>>
>> looks like pulseaudio already supports UCM, so I think once we get the
>> proper UCM config so that userspace can properly understand all the
>> audio routing/mixing options, things should just work:
>>
>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/3.0/
>
> (so, partially just so I don't loose the link), it looks like ubuntu
> touch folks have partially created UCM config for us:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-audio-dev/alsa-lib/ubuntu/revision/170
>
> looks like it is missing hdmi audio path, but I guess that should be a
> reasonable starting point

Somehow those where neither enabling nor disabling the hdmi audio
path, so hdmi audio would be on for all devices/usecases.

So I re-arranged things a bit, fixed the hdmi enable/disable, and
removed a bunch of options which aren't applicable on ifc6410:

   http://people.freedesktop.org/~robclark/apq8064-tabla-snd-card/

Copy those three files to /usr/share/alsa/ucm/apq8064-tabla-snd-card/
and then you should see analog and hdmi stereo options in sound
control panel.

They aren't complete.. probably need to add something for different
HDMI surround modes, and do a better job to make sure of turning
on/off right mixers, etc.  But it's usable and I figure that is a good
start.

BR,
-R