[Freedreno] xbmc repo and games (fedora)

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 08:07:17 PST 2013

Not really freedreno specific (other than needing a gl driver).. but
since xbmc is not in rpmfusion yet for arm, I've built it myself and
setup a repo, so:

  yum-config-manager --add-repo
http://people.freedesktop.org/~robclark/xbmc-repo/xbmc.repo
  yum install xbmc

I had some weird issues when I tried 'dnf install xbmc' (instead of
yum), but that could just be something on my system in a weird state
after locally installing/testing xbmc.  So I would appreciate if
someone else could try out those instructions but with 'dnf install'..

Now we just need audio working on ifc6410 and we have a nice little HTPC ;-)
If anyone can get hdmi audio working (with fbdev/kgsl instead of
drm/kms driver), send me the kernel .config and userspace changes and
I'll figure out from there what I need to add in the hdmi code in the
drm/kms driver.

Also, I've started to keep some notes about games to install for
testing and debug (mostly just notes for myself so I don't forget and
then have to setup a fresh filesystem).  But might be of interest to
others:

  https://github.com/freedreno/freedreno/wiki/Fedora-Games

BR,
-R