[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 10:58:27 PDT 2015

On 5 April 2015 at 18:35, Varad Gautam <varadgautam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rob, Emil. While android-x86 [1] is down, I am going with
> android-ifc6410 with a rebased mesa.

Good call. Glad to see that you're giving it a go.

The Android-x86 developer/maintainer mentioned that there are problems
with the infrastructure that runs the git repo. A mirror at
github/sf.net might be coming, but it will take a while.

> Daniel,
>
> I had the following errors while building android-ifc6410 [2]:
>

> [...]
> including ./external/libdrm/Android.mk ...
> build/core/base_rules.mk:154: *** external/libdrm:
> MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libdrm already defined by external/drm.
> Stop.

How are you managing the extra/additional projects - do you have a
local manifest or are you modifying the default one ?

I use the former as it allows me to keep my changes after a sync with upstream.

$ cd $(android_top)
$ cat .repo/local_manifests/local_foo.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>

  <remote name="local-dev" fetch="file:///home/emil/development/" />

  <remove-project name="platform/external/drm" />
  <project name="drm" path="external/drm" remote="local-dev" revision="foo"/>

</manifest>

If adding a new project you'll need to omit the "remove-project" tag.
Other than that things should just work :-)

Cheers,
Emil