[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Varad Gautam varadgautam at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 06:52:55 PDT 2015

On 04/08/2015 05:33 PM, Daniel Thompson wrote:
> On 07/04/15 17:13, Varad Gautam wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Hi Varad.

>>> None of these directories should exist in the first place! They are
>>> present in the manifest but we use the grouping feature of repo to
>>> prevent them from being checked out for ifc6410.
>>>
>>> Could you check your command line history for the arguments you
>>> provided to "repo init" and share this?
>>
>> I used
>>
>> $ repo init -u
>> http://android.git.linaro.org/git/platform/manifest.git -b
>> android-5.0.2_r1 -g default,-non-default,ifc6410
>>
>> but looks like I have everything in the non-default group (like
>> device/linaro/juno and uefi) cloned too.
>
> Weird.
>
> What does your .repo/manifests.git/config look like? I think this file
> is where what you type during repo init is stored. Mine is:
> --- cut here ---
> [core]
>          repositoryformatversion = 0
>          filemode = true
> [remote "origin"]
>          url = http://android.git.linaro.org/git/platform/manifest.git
>          fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> [manifest]
>          groups = default,-non-default,ifc6410,platform-linux
> [branch "default"]
>          remote = origin
>          merge = android-5.0.2_r1
> --- cut here ---
>

>>> In the mean time I'll try a complete repo init/sync from scratch to
>>> double check if I get the same thing (this will take a long time so
>>> don't expect results before tomorrow).
>>>

>> Thank you! I suspect I've missed something, but it would be good to
>> verify.
>
> The test I ran last night did not check out any of the paths you
> indicated were causing build problems. At the moment it looks like
> something has gone wrong with your repo init or sync although right now
> I have no idea what.
>

> Daniel.

I fixed my manifest and re-synced, and can now boot to the "ANDROID"
text banner with android-ifc6410 (does not display any graphics; is it
because of not having the adreno blob driver?). I faced a kernel oops
issue which I figured was due to a bad dtb I was using, and hacked a
serial cable during the process which can come in handy later.

In the meantime I've got used to adb and fastboot, and have followed
through multiple resources to get a clearer picture of DRM/KMS and
atomic modesetting/pageflips.

Android-x86 is now up, and I will soon try building it for the board.

Thanks,
Varad