[Freedreno] adreno 430/431 support (msm8x94)

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 05:43:59 PST 2015

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Craig Stout <cstout at chromium.org> wrote:
> Mdp/hdmi support for msm8x94 was added back in June, but adreno 430/431
> support hasn't landed yet?
>
> Can anyone comment when/if this is coming?

I think just when someone has some hardware..

In theory, in mesa it should just be a one-line change to add the
gpu-id to the white list (switch statement).  On the kernel side, I
expect it shouldn't be extensive.. probably a handful of 'else if
(is_a430()) { .. different set of default/golden reg values .. }'
which should not be so hard to find from android kgsl driver.

If someone has hardware, I could probably cook up an untested patch,
and then see what happens.

BR,
-R