[Freedreno] Adreno 200 / AMD 430 on linux-3.19

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:34:54 PST 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
<weigelt at melag.de> wrote:
> Am 03.03.2015 um 15:23 schrieb Rob Clark:
>>

>> well, drm/msm is the upstream kernel driver.. which exists already in
>> v3.19.
>>
>> (it doesn't yet have any support for adreno 2xx, although patches
>> would be welcome)
>

> hmm, that explains why I'm lacking the DRM device ...
> what about the old kgsl stuff ? (well, it seems there're actually _two_
> entirely different kgsl's - one from amd/freescale, one from qualcom).

yeah, two different kgsl's, neither was ever upstream.  I think qcom
re-wrote the original amd one for their android kernel.  You can find
the qcom one in any of their older 3.4 based kernels (iirc, they
removed a2xx support when they switched to 3.10 kernel).  Not really
sure the best source for the amd version, I guess it must be in some
older freescale imx5 kernels..

BR,
-R