[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Wed Mar 18 15:28:33 PDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Rob Clark <robdclark at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, I can have CM integration as a stretch goal (will need to decide a
>> suitable platform) possibly with their help, depending on how complex
>> the upstreaming part turns out. Does this sound feasible?
>
> Linaro also does android builds for some platforms.. none of the
> snapdragon platforms yet, but I guess they should have most of the
> infrastructure, so they might be another good candidate.

speaking about Linaro... Dan (cc'd) from Linaro has started to put
things together, namely:
* the Linaro AOSP builds
* the Linaro kernel 'integration' branch for IFC6410 (the branch Rob
has mentioned here)

and the current status is
* mainlin'ish kernel (3.19)
* boot from eMMC
* framebuffer (HDMI)

overall it should be a good candidate to start with the graphics
pieces since it has all the recent DRM features (atomic modeset and
updates).

I am personnally interested to get AOSP + freedreno support (and
possibly some multimedia as well..), so i can try to help/support, if
time permits..