[Freedreno] [GSoC-15] Enabling Freedreno on Android

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Wed May 6 06:14:47 PDT 2015

Hi Varad,

On 5 May 2015 at 08:26, Varad Gautam <varadgautam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Emil,
>
> On 03/29/2015 01:48 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
>> Meanwhile I had some fun yesterday beating mesa into shape (wrt Android-x86):
>>  - Android builds NIR now.
>>  - The classic i915/i965 drivers should be ok.
>>  - Initial support for st/dri with the gallium drivers. Still a bit more to go.
>>  - A ton of small fixes all over.
>> Some of the above was done by the Android-x86 folk, so credit goes
>> where credit is due :-)
>>
>> Varad from the things listed only st/dri might be of interest for you.
>> Up-to mesa 10.5 we've had a so called EGL state-tracker (st/egl)
>> although with that one is no longer present in master. So I'm not sure
>> how useful it would be to actually test against it. Will try to get
>> things done in the next week or so but as originally planned -
>> rebasing android-x86/kitkat-x86 on top of upstream/10.4 would be a
>> nice start.
>
> I get a number of conflicts when rebasing kitkat-x86 over 10.4, while
> upstream/master builds under Android. Would you suggest I skip these and go with
> the rebase? I was wondering if, with st/egl removed, master can build all the
> needed components under Android - so that I can use it instead.

Hmm what issues do you come across with during your rebase ? I would
assume that most changes should be pretty trivial - I'm rather busy
atm, but will try to give it a bash later in the week.

On the question of using mesa/master - it won't work as is with
Android. The DRI modules are not built, although Chih-Wei from
Android-x86 has addressed most/all of the problems [1] [2].

I'm guessing that 10.6(master) would be better than 10.4 from
freedreno (ifc6410's) perspective, although I'll let Rob be the judge
of that.

> I have documented the build procedure I followed for Android-x86 over IFC6410 at
> [1] and am tracking progress at [2].

Nicely done.

-Emil

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-x86/p1Qy_0t9efE