[Freedreno] Texture Tiling - X.Org Endless Vacation of Code programs

Rob Clark robdclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 17:24:23 UTC 2016

Hi Darren,

This should give some generic (ie. not related to any particular
project or driver) overview of EVoC:

http://www.x.org/wiki/XorgEVoC/

On the freedreno side of things (or really for anything related to
some particular driver) you would need some hardware.  If you don't
already have some particular device or snapdragon arm board, I'd say
that probably something with adreno 3xx would be a good idea (more
options, which are less expensive than anything with a4xx, and we do
have some documentation about a3xx).  Dragonboard 410c[1] is the least
expensive, and well supported (although only 1G of RAM, which is a bit
limiting)..  another good option is ifc6410[2] which is faster, more
memory, and ethernet which is convenient.

There are also various phones/tablets w/ snapdragon, although that is
likely to be more work upfront to get a good dev environment setup.
In particular you'd need something that you can get root on, and that
you could build your own kernel, to replace what comes on the thing.
It's a possibility, but really *much* more headache to get up and
running.

BR,
-R

[1] https://www.96boards.org/products/ce/dragonboard410c/