[Freedreno] Whether A200 driver is supported by Linux Mainline Kernel

abhijit abhijitnaik27 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 12:23:30 UTC 2017

Hi All :)

Finally I am able to get freedreno_drv.so and xserver ABI version to get
matched.

I am using buildroot to get the proper package dependency and build.

Currently our target has following binaries,
     $(ROOT_DIR)/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/freedreno_drv.so
     $(ROOT_DIR)/usr/lib/dri/msm_dri.so
     $(ROOT_DIR)/usr/lib/libdrm_freedreno.so

I also loaded msm_kgsl_core.ko and msm_adreno.ko

But my xinit is giving following output
   "[   233.794] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for freedreno"
   "[   233.831] (II) No msm DRM/KMS, fallback to fbdev/kgsl"

   "[   234.801] (II) UnloadModule: "freedreno""
   "[   234.801] (II) Unloading freedreno"

Referring to freedreno architecture, I interpreted kgsl must be enabled
in the libdrm and enabled same. But still freedreno module is getting
unloaded

I will be grateful if any body can give lead on this.

Regards,
    Abhijit