[Freedreno] db820: smmu clocks issue in kernel

Pradeep Reddy pradeep.mundlapudi5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:00:14 UTC 2018

Hi Archit,

I have enabled splash screen (penguin) in bootloader with fastboot oem
select-display-panel hdmi. Kernel crashes during boot. I identified that
there is issue with below two smmu clocks.
static struct clk_branch smmu_mdp_ahb_clk = {
        .halt_reg = 0x2454,
        .clkr = {
                .enable_reg = 0x2454,
                .enable_mask = BIT(0),

static struct clk_branch smmu_mdp_axi_clk = {
        .halt_reg = 0x2458,
        .clkr = {
                .enable_reg = 0x2458,
                .enable_mask = BIT(0),

I tried to reset the clocks in mmcc_msm8996_probe, with the below changes.
      * regmap_update_bits(regmap, 0x2454, BIT(0), 0);*
*        regmap_update_bits(regmap, 0x2458, BIT(0), 0);*

Then i don't see a kernel crash but blue screen appears after penguin for
some time. Then HDMI display comes up.

Can you please let me know better way to reset smmu clocks?

Thanks,
Pradeep