[Freedreno] [RFC PULL] Add Display Support for Qualcomm SDM845

Jordan Crouse jcrouse at codeaurora.org
Wed Feb 14 00:02:08 UTC 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 02:18:13PM -0500, Sean Paul wrote:
> Hi dri-devel,
> Qualcomm has been working for the past few weeks on forward porting their
> downstream drm driver from 4.14 to mainline. Please consider this PR as a
> request for review, rather than an attempt at mainlining the code as it
> currently stands. The goal is get this driver in shape over the next coming
> months.
>
> In the meantime, I'll be hosting a tree here [1] to stage the fixes. Patches
> will be posted and reviewed on linux-arm-msm at vger.kernel.org. Once things look
> good, I'll send another pull 4realz.
>
>  drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_rd.c                       |   58 +-

These changes are somewhat overzealous pointer verification, If
struct file * and/or struct inode * are NULL in a fops function your system is
already having a bad day. The only check that might be somewhat reasonable is
for gpu->funcs->get_param but that hook is defined on all targets so I don't
think it is unreasonable to assume that it should be there (and if it isn't the
unit test sure better catch it). We can safely drop these changes.

Jordan

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project