[Freedreno] [RFC] Move i915 ascii85 functions to linux/ascii85.h

Jordan Crouse jcrouse at codeaurora.org
Fri Jan 26 20:59:21 UTC 2018

I've been working on a crash dump utility for the drm/msm GPU driver
to get the useful GPU information out after a hang. Taking inspiration
from the i915 driver I thought it was very smart to use ascii85 format
to encode the binary buffers and other bits.  This patch moves the two
very simple functions to encode binaries as ascii85 from the i915
driver to a linux header to be enjoyed by all.

I debated if it was better to move them to drm/ or go all the way and
obviously I picked all the way, but if the owners and maintainers feel
like this is something we want to keep closer to home then by all means
lets do what feels best.

Suggestions and flames welcome. Coming immediately after will be the drm/msm
stack that uses this in anger.

Jordan Crouse (1):
  include: Move ascii85 functions from i915 to linux/ascii85.h

 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gpu_error.c | 24 +---------------
 include/linux/ascii85.h               | 52 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 create mode 100644 include/linux/ascii85.h

--
1.9.1