So, who's signed up yet?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Thu Feb 3 06:32:20 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:22:13PM +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
>Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:01:59PM +0100, Harald Hoyer wrote:
>>
>>>Just you and me... :-(
>>

>>Hmmm.
>>
>>So, what are you hoping to do with freedrtools?
>>
>>I noticed that you'd filled in much more stuff on the wiki page beyond
>>my initial placeholder text. There are quite a few patches I'd like to
>>see applied against the base cdrtools first. Then I want to do some
>>much more radical changes, starting with splitting the core
>>functionality out into a library. Thoughts?
>>

>Ok, lets take that back to the list.
>
>I also had the idea of splitting out the core mmc functionality. Wasn't
>there a lib for that already?
>http://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/libcdio.html

Ish... cdio looks like it could be a good start, but there's clearly a
lot of work to do yet.

What I'm really aiming for is a core library to encapsulate most of
the functions that cdrecord currently has. That would allow all the
3rd-party front ends like k3b, xcdroast etc. to simply link with a
library rather than having to wrap cdrecord. Then the "freedrecord"
command itself would just be a thin wrapper around that library.

Of course, actually working out a useable library interface may take
quite some time. :-/

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code