[Fribidi-discuss] Implementing multiple pass (multiplt char width)

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at bamdad.org
Sat Dec 7 13:47:03 EST 2002

Hi Shachar,

Well, I have some good news too:

Just now I was looking around fribidi, redesigning and
redesigning it again and again in my mind.  What we are going to
do is to release the current STABLE version (0.10.4), with some
small patches, as GNU FriBidi 1.0, Yes!  FriBidi has already
become a GNU package.  Then Roozbeh and I will work on some
documentation and moving development to savannah.gnu.org.  After
that we just maintain the FriBidi 1.0 codebase, and work
extensively on FriBidi 2.0, with a major redesign.  Fortunately
we are getting to some consensus on the interaction of bidi,
line-breaking and joining algorithms in the Unicode bidi list, so
now we can design the interface to fit much more uses.

So what I suggest is that you work on your own ideas.  We already
have Omer's additions in HEAD branch too.  Then after working on
new design, we all port the current codes to the new interface.

Yours,
behdad