[Fribidi-discuss] FriBidi installation bug (FriBidi 0.11.-0 taken from CVS at 2002 Dec 06)

Omer Zak omerz at actcom.co.il
Mon Dec 16 08:22:04 EST 2002

When installing FriBidi in a vanilla RedHat 7.3 Linux system, I followed
the prescribed procedure of ./bootstrap, ./configure, make, make check,
and make install.  FriBidi was installed at the standard locations in
/usr/local/*

After running make install, I tried to build an application, which links
to libfribidi.so.

There was a compilation error, because
/usr/local/include/fribidi/fribidi_types.h tries to include
fribidi_types.i, and this file was not found - because it was not
installed together with the other files by make install.

The temporary workaround to the problem is to copy by hand fribidi_types.i
from the fribidi source directory to /usr/local/include/fribidi.  But the
make install should be fixed to install also this file.
                                             --- Omer