[Fribidi-discuss] Building fribidi on OSF1 alpha: snprintf

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Tue Jan 22 14:47:02 EST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Hi Tzafrir,
>
> Quoting man printf(3):
>
>      Linux libc4.[45] does not have a snprintf, but provides  a
>      libbsd  that  contains  an snprintf equivalent to sprintf,
>      i.e., one that ignores the size argument.  Thus,  the  use
>      of  snprintfwith  early  libc4 leads to serious security
>      problems.
>
> It should be the problem there too, try "LDFLAGS=-lbsd" ./configure".
>
> I have no idea of what to do, maybe I can change it to sprintf.

Hmmm...

I found snprintf in libdb in /usr/ccs/libdb.a
However, 'env LDFLAGS="-L/usr/ccs/lib -ldb" ./configure' did not have the
expected effect. I had to manually add those flags to the end of the two
link commands that needed snprintf.

I wanted to test if this really works, but the program I was trying to
build uses snprintf as well, and refused to build for the same reason (and
various other reasons)

--
Tzafrir Cohen                        /"\
mailto:tzafrir at technion.ac.il        \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign