[Fribidi-discuss] fribidi & arabic shaping

Tomas Frydrych tomas at frydrych.uklinux.net
Fri Mar 22 07:08:11 EST 2002

> While I don't have personal interest in Arabic-specific issues, I
> would like to note that making the proposed shaping library
> independent from FriBidi is an excellent idea.

The other possibility perhaps worth considering is to make a
shaping library that internally uses FriBidi with identical/similar
interface to that of FriBidi. On the other hand having two entirely
independent libraries has its advantages -- I would like to be able to
do both BIDI layout without shaping and Arabic shaping without
BIDI processing.

Tomas