[Fribidi-discuss] (Justified?) compilation warning

Shachar Shemesh fribidi-discuss at sun.consumer.org.il
Fri Sep 13 11:56:04 EST 2002

When trying to compile fribidi, I get warning on line 1270 of fribidi.c.
It seems that the compiler cannot determine for sure that "seq_end" is
not used before it is initialized, and issues a warning.

Brief analysis shows that, since is_nsm_seq is initialized to zero, and
since seq_end is used within an "if" caluse that checks whether
"is_nsm_seq" is true, and since the "else" clause of the "if"
initializes "seq_end", that this warning is unfounded. I would, however,
like someone with better understanding of the coded to comment on this.

I would also like to point out that seq_end is initialized to an
integer, and is used as an integer, despite having been defined as
"fribidi_boolean". This seems to me to be a semantic problem, if not a
syntactic one.

                Shachar