[Fribidi-discuss] Tcl port of fribidi

Fabien Antoine fabien.antoine at etca.fr
Wed Jul 9 06:18:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I am working on the Transcriber project
(http://www.etca.fr/CTA/gip/Projets/Transcriber/Index.html), and I try
to display multilingual texts in Tcl (including Arabic). As you may
know, Tcl doesn't support right-to-left languages in unicode, so I was
interested in using the fribidi library.

I wanted to know if you were developping a Tcl interface for you
library, or if you would be interested in such an interface ? If we do
develop this interface, would you integrate it in further release ?

I also wanted to know if fribidi was in GPL and if we could integrate it
in our first realeases distribution of a unicode-comptible transcriber,
as fribidi will not be available in a .rpm or .deb a the beginning ?

Best regards,

Fabien Antoine